Make A BC12 Backpack
(Last updated 190317)
Here you will find information about my home-made backpack that I call BC12 (Bushcraft 12 liter) 🙂
Dimensions: 400 x 220 x 170 mm
Materials for the backpack on the pictures
I bought the fabric, webbing and plastic parts from Shelby Outdoor in Finland. You can of course use any material you want, but this was my choice this time. And no, I am not sponsored by them, I’m just a regular customer. There are of course other companies online you can buy from. But Shelby have what I need – A heavy weight fabric and webbing in olive color, etc.
How much and what to buy depends on how you choose to equip your backpack and if you already have some materials at home.
Fabrics and materials that I used for this backpack:
- Fabric, Nylon 1000D PU coated, circa 1 meter (width 1500 mm)
- Webbing, 25 mm, circa 4,5 meter
- D-ring, 25 mm, 2 pcs
- Slip Lock, 25 mm, 6 pcs
- Buckle for 25 mm webbing, 2 pcs
- Tension Lock, 2 pcs
- Cord Lock, 2 pcs
- Rope, 2-3 mm, 2 meter
- Light fabric for snow lock, circa 0,5 meter (width 1500 mm)
- Thread, 500 m, Thickness: nr. 50, Needle 90 – 110 Nm
- Foam for the Back and Shoulder Straps (I use foam from a sleeping mat of good and steady quality, 10 mm thick)
Click on the images to enlarge!
Print the pattern
1. Print the parts on A4 or Letter size paper.
2. Cut and tape together the parts along the cut line.
3. Ready to use.
Remember to print the pattern in actual size, 100 %! But you can of course modify the pattern and make the backpack bigger or smaller, etc if you want to. You decide. One backpack does not fit everyone’s wishes and demands.
I will add some text.
Shoulder Strap Lower Fastening
Bottom and front
Side, Front and bottom
I will ad some more pictures.